Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Standing By

This week and last week, I've been working from home. Well, I say that, but that's kind of only true when I have appointments. When no students have signed up for tutoring appointments with me, all I can really do is sit at my computer, watch it like a hawk, and hope that somebody signs up for an appointment at the last minute. When I have a student, I help that student. When I don't, I spend that time standing by.

I wonder how much time God spends standing by, waiting for us to pray for His help. Naturally, we usually ask for His help at least daily, or at least, we should. But how often do we get more specific than that? I don't normally pray for His help with my homework. I rarely pray for His help with my work. I never pray for His help in preparing, running, or playing D&D. Maybe I should. Maybe I should pray for His help more often, and maybe I should pray for His help with more things.

Granted, I'm sure He's got plenty to do. He's certainly not twiddling his thumbs, waiting for me to pray to Him. I'm sure He's helping lots of people at all times. But, time works differently for Him, and I'd be surprised if He couldn't help everyone on earth simultaneously. Often, we just need to ask Him, and He'll be there, ready to help.

God can help you, at any time, with anything. So, if there's ever a time when He's not helping you with something, He's probably standing by, waiting for you to ask.

No comments: