Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The Upside of Driving a Truck

When my friend told me that he had to go help his grandmother move, I said "I guess that's the downside of driving a truck; people expect you to move things for them," but he rightly corrected me, saying, "What are you talking about? Helping people is a good thing."

Of course, he was right. And if helping people is a good thing, then having the ability to help people is also a good thing. I sometimes forget that, because I know that, with the ability to help comes the responsibility to help, and I'm not overly fond of having lots of responsibilities.

But those responsibilities are also opportunities. When we do what's right, including helping others, God blesses us. And I could really use those blessings. So maybe I shouldn't have such a negative attitude about having the responsibility to help others. God expects us to do as much good as we can, and when we do, God gives us as many blessings as we need. I need blessings, so I should seek out the ability, even the responsibility, to help.

No comments: