Sunday, March 22, 2020

Year of the Warrior

When I called this the Year of Ascension or the year of drawing closer to God, I strongly considered switching goals entirely and calling this the Year of the Warrior. I am locked in a life-long battle with the adversary, and it's shaping out to be a difficult and taxing war. There are times when I feel weak and/or frustrated, and I am strongly tempted to give up the fight. Yet, I know how important it is to keep on fighting, regardless of any losses or difficulties, no matter the cost. I need to be a warrior. Sure, this battle is on a spiritual, rather than physical, battlefield, and Pray, Hymns, and Meditation are part of how I fight, but I think it's important for me to remind myself that this is an actual fight, just as real as the earth itself is, and far more important. I am fighting for my life, but my eternal life rather than my mortal life, and just as in a physical fight for my life, I can't afford to give up, no matter the cost. There's too much at stake. I need to be a warrior. I need to remind myself to be a warrior.

No comments: