Saturday, January 29, 2022

A Simple Way to Show You Care

During our Stake Conference this evening, one of the speakers shared a video telling the story of a man who had been in a very dark place until his family helped him to see and feel the light again. And what I loved most about the video is that the man's family hadn't said or done anything profound or insightful. All they did was spent quality time with him and let him know they cared. They were just there for him. They talked to each other, not about light or darkness, but about things that he and they were interested in. It really doesn't take all that much to have a good, uplifting relationship with someone. You don't have to know what to do or say. All it really takes is to spend time with them and maybe chat with them.

I have a relationship that I would like to strengthen. Next chance I get (assuming I remember), I'm going to try to schedule some time to be with them, not necessarily to do or talk about anything specific, but just to spend some time with them. Sometimes, some time is all it takes.

No comments: