Monday, January 24, 2022

The Staggering Gift of Agency

I've been thinking about the staggering gift of agency. We have been given the gift of agency, the ability to make choices. It is our responsibility to make choices, and those choices are ours to make. No one can make them for us. The amount of freedom we have to make our own decisions is both comforting and discomforting to me. I'm grateful to have freedom, but with that freedom comes the responsibility to make decisions, and decision-making can be hard. Thankfully, I have people who believe in me and in my ability to make good decisions, and that makes my decision-making a little easier.

The ability and responsibility to make choices can be overwhelming, but with the right amount of support, it is possible to responsibly bear the burden of this staggering gift.

No comments: