Thursday, March 10, 2022

A Well-Balanced Day

A few years ago, I had what may have been my best-balanced day ever. It had a near-perfect balance of mental, physical, and spiritual work, rest, and recreation. In fact, I was so impressed with that day that I actually took notes on how I managed to have such a well-balanced day. 

Today, as it turns out, was similarly balanced. On the mental side, I worked a bit on an essay I need to turn in soon, and I also did a tiny amount of fun writing, just for myself. Physically, I enjoyed riding my bike to work, and I physically moved computers while at work. And while I didn't do much spiritually today, I feel like I can, just for today, replace that category with "socially." Socially, I worked through an interpersonal conflict that sprung up recently and actually arrived at a workable solution, and I also got to hang out a bit with a few friends after work. And, naturally, there were times when I wasn't using my body, my mind, or my social skills, and those parts of myself were able to rest.

Today was a well-balanced day for me, and I'm highly satisfied with how it ultimately turned out.

No comments: