Sunday, March 27, 2022

Peace In This World

One of my favorite scriptures I've heard at church today may be one of my favorite scriptures I've ever heard, D&C 59:23, "But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come." This is an incredible promise and one that I am very interested in realizing. I love peace, and I would love to have more peace, and I'm glad that the conditions of this promise are, as written, fairly achievable. I can do the works of righteousness. I may not always have righteousness in my heart, and I may occasionally do some works of wickedness as well, but I can do the works of righteousness. And if God is offering peace in exchange for righteousness, I'll take that trade in a heartbeat. Heck, I was probably going to do at least a handful of the works of righteousness anyway, if only out of habit. But if doing the works of righteousness will also get me the peace that I've been fighting for, that sounds like a wonderful promise to me.

No comments: