Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Good Start

Most mornings, I start off by spending a good deal of time on the internet (mostly, Facebook) looking for something to blog about. This morning, I started my day by helping my mom with some yard work and doing some dishes (and THEN, Facebook). It didn't take up any more time, and it was MUCH more productive. Plus, it gave me something to blog about.

On Saturdays, the normal thing is to sleep in or be lazy, just because, for the first and perhaps only time that week, you can. But not this Saturday. Today, I started to do my normal, morning checking of Facebook, but I heard my Mom doing yard work outside, so I went out to help her. If it wasn't for her diligence, I would have been lazy today, but because she set a good example, my day got off to a good start.

I'm grateful that my Mom was, as she always is, a good example to me. I'm glad we got going earlier in the day than normal and that we got some good work done. I'm glad that today is already shaping out to be a terrific day, and the rest of it looks like it'll be pretty good, too. But now I need to wrap up this blog post so I can straighten up some of the messes I've made around the house. This is a really lame blog post. And it had so much potential, too. Maybe I'll come back to this concept later. I'm sure there's something blogworthy in it.

No comments: