Saturday, May 31, 2014

Having Lived to Fulfill the Commandments of God

Not sure what to blog about this morning. I don't have any good ideas, and I'm having trouble finding or thinking of any. I keep getting distracted. Having guests over is fun, but it can really mess with your morning routine. Let's try a random verse from the Book of Mormon.

Mosiah 29: 45 And now it came to pass that his father died, being eighty and two years old, having lived to fulfill the commandments of God.

I'm not sure who we're talking about, but he left a good example for us to follow: "having lived to fulfill the commandments of God." Yesterday, I blogged about finding one's calling in life, and fulfilling the commandments played a large role in my plan to find my calling, or to fulfill it, but now I'm wondering if fulfilling the commandments might actually BE one's calling, or at least a really good thing for a person to make their life about. If, when a person dies, it can be said that they lived to fulfill the commandments of God, then I would say that they had a successful life. It's an example worth following, even if I don't know whose it is.

No comments: