Saturday, May 3, 2014

"Fill Your Life With Service..."

This morning, I'm going to volunteer at Girl's Camp. Not sure exactly what I'll be doing there, but they asked for helpers, and I signed up. Knowing that I wouldn't have much time to blog this morning, I looked around last night for something I should blog about this morning (looking for something is usually the part that takes the most time) and I found this.




We could all use a little help resisting temptation, and we're each given many opportunities to serve others. Elder Richard G. Scott, in this quote of his, has suggested that those things are connected - that "as you lose you life in the service of Heavenly Father's children, Satan's temptations lose power in your life." That makes sense to me. The more you fill a container with anything, the less room there will be in the container for anything else.

This is especially true with spiritual matters. Consider my recent blog post The Shadows Flee. The more we fill our souls and our lives with good things, the less room there will be in them for bad things. Satan knows he's not welcome in the hearts of those who are doing service to God and His children, and he won't be able to linger in them long.

I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to do service today. I hesitated to sign up, but now I'm glad I did. Today is going to be a good day - A day filled with service to God and others.

No comments: