Thursday, May 1, 2014

An Important Question For Anyone Who Reads My Blog

I've been thinking about creating a new blog. This new blog would be an anonymous one. There would be no links to it posted on Facebook or here. At least, not in connection to my name. While I maintain that blog, I won't be posting so regularly on this one, assuming I keep updating this one at all. For those, and perhaps a few more reasons, I hesitate to even mention the idea of making a separate, anonymous blog.

There are some good reasons for the concept, though. I currently have a personal issue that I don't feel comfortable discussing openly, but that I really should discuss; for my own benefit and for that of whoever may stumble upon the new, anonymous blog. While writing behind the mask of anonymity, I can share more personal stories and share more specific insights. Basically, I think I can do more good for myself and for people I think God wants me to help by posting on an anonymous blog.

The reason I'm bringing you into this conversation is that I know that if I start writing on a new blog, I won't be spending so much time on this one. I'll probably maintain my commitment to blog every day, but not all of those daily updates will be coming here. It also means that some of my insights, those I think would be best suited for the other blog, will not end up here, so those of you who enjoy my unique insights might miss out on a few of them.

Basically, if I end up making another blog, it will decrease the quality of this one, and I'd hate to do that without your permission because I feel that after blogging every day for more than a year, I have a commitment not only to myself but also to my audience, to keep it up as long as I can. If any of you read my blog frequently, you might not like the idea of me posting less frequently, but that will be one of the effects of starting a new blog.

So, I come to you asking your opinion. Would you be okay with me starting another blog (to which you probably won't have access) and posting on this one less frequently? Leave your thoughts in comments either here or on Facebook, or send me a Facebook message if you don't want others to see your comments. However you express your opinion to me, I promise I'll consider it. I don't want to rush into this decision, especially if it turns out that people really enjoy reading my blog posts here.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I do enjoy reading your blog and it inspires me. But you need to follow your promptings. <3