Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A New Rule for Blogging about Conference

I need to get back to blogging about General Conference talks. We're almost half-way through December and I haven't finished blogging about the talks I was supposed to blog about in November. The reason for that is mostly that I've been reluctant to blog about Elder Dalin H. Oak's talk The Plan and the Proclamation. As good as his talk is, and as glad as I am that he gave it, I don't really feel like reiterating it or adding to it.

In hindsight, I should have skipped it weeks ago rather than letting myself fall so far behind. But I can catch up, and, starting next year, I'm going to have a "buffer" month, since there will only be five total sessions per General Conference, which will still be 6 months apart. Falling behind in blogging about Conference talks isn't much of a problem, and it will soon be even less so. But even so, I should try not to let it happen. Blogging about General Conference talks is beneficial in too many ways for me to perpetually put it off.

Perhaps I ought to set a new rule for myself. Maybe, in addition to the goal of blogging about one session per month, I can set the goal of blogging about at least one General Conference talk a week. If a miss a week because I kept putting off the talk I was supposed to blog about, I'll skip that Conference talk and move on to the next week's talk. That way, I'd never fall too far behind, and I'd hopefully never go too long without blogging about General Conference.

No comments: