Saturday, December 2, 2017

The Price of a Promise

I go to extraordinary lengths to keep promises. Case in point, I'm still awake right now, even though I'm dead tired and feel a little sick. I wanted to go to bed half an hour ago, but I couldn't. I still needed to blog. But I couldn't think of anything to blog about (on account of being tired and possibly sick), so I stayed up for another hour and a half, trying and failing to think of anything I could blog about.

I wonder if that's healthy, spiritually. On one hand, keeping promises is important, especially when they're spiritual promises. On the other hand, the spirit and the body are linked; what's good for one is usually good for the other, and vice versa. Theoretically, then, keeping promises should be good for the body, but since staying up too late is bad for the body, it's probably bad for the spirit, too. I should rethink my blogging and sleeping habits, if I ever find time to do that, but first, I need to convince myself that this is an adequate blog post so I can finally go to bed.

No comments: