Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Walking with God

Today, as part of my commute, I had the privilege of taking a couple of long-ish walks. I talked to myself and I prayed a bit. Generally, it was quiet and peaceful and quite enjoyable. Just being able to spend some time in quiet reflection was a far greater blessing to me than travelling more quickly would have been. Yesterday, I rode my bike, which was much faster, but which also gave me less time to think and talk. I liked walking today. I liked waiting for trains. I liked spending time outside, breathing relatively fresh air, getting a moderate amount of exercise, and spending that downtime far more productively than I typically do. When I'm at home and don't have any pressing obligations, I waste my time on my computer. When I'm travelling and it's too cold, dark, and/or wet to bike, I spend a good portion of my time walking with God.

No comments: