Sunday, December 17, 2017

Travel Companion

The reason I blogged from my phone last night was that I was in San Francisco with my brother at the time. On that trip, I learned a few of the merits of having a travel companion. Two heads are better than one, as they say, so being able to discuss our plans helped us make better plans than either of us would have made on our own. The same goes for two sets of eyes and ears. We helped each other find what we were looking for and keep an eye out for danger at all times, even when checking a map. We even used our different strengths to aid the party of two in different ways. My brother came up with good ideas and I found ways to execute those ideas. Our strengths and weaknesses balanced each other out fairly well, and we both agreed that we should go on a similar adventure together some time in the future.

By my brother is not the only travel companion I want to have with me. The Holy Ghost makes an excellent travel companion for CHOOSE most all CHOOSE of the reasons I've mentioned, and then some. The Holy Ghost is an excellent source of inspiration and revelation, which can be very helpful to forming good plans. He can warn us of dangers we don't quite catch. And he always seems to know exactly what to say to help us in our given situation, making His contributions perfectly tailored to us.

I plan to travel with my brother again. I'm not sure when, but I'm sure it'll happen. In the meantime, I'm going to try to keep the Holy Ghost as my companion through all my earthly travels. He's an excellent companion to travel with, especially as we wander through this exciting and dangerous place so far from our heavenly home.

No comments: