Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Gradual Growth

The reason I didn't want to "re-re-recommit" to blogging by noon each day (besides how tacky that sounds) is that I believe that the last re-recommitment still holds. Yes, my track record has been far from perfect, and I haven't been working on it nearly as hard as I should be, but growth is a gradual process. We don't go from imperfect to perfect instantaneously. I will continue to make poor decisions and mistakes time and time again. All that I can hope for is to slip up less and less frequently and to do better and better as time goes by. For instance, I intended to blog before noon today, but I let the morning get away from me, and now I'm a few minutes late. Still, a few minutes after noon is a lot better than half an hour before midnight, so I'd say I'm making progress. As long as I keep making progress, I'll continue to improve until I can consistently keep the commitment I keep remaking. I just have to keep trying and stop thinking that a commitment is permanently broken while I'm still trying to keep it.

No comments: