Saturday, November 30, 2019

Church Service

Today was my last day of building cleaning until next July, assuming I still have the calling then. Over the course of the last five months, I have received help from countless Ward members, and the only thing I can really do to repay them is to respond to service opportunities as often as I can. Maybe that's the point.

In this  church, as in many other churches, people serve each other. We give service with little thought of reward, knowing that, when we need help, others will be willing to return the favor. I will serve others just as others have served me, and the people I serve will go on to do service as well, repeating the cycle indefinitely.

So, maybe I shouldn't feel bad about asking for help or allowing others to do service for me. That's part of how the church system works. Service is part of membership, both giving when asked and receiving when needed. Many people have helped me over the past several months. I plan to help many people as well.

No comments: