Thursday, November 21, 2019

Try

I often let my feelings of inadequacy prevent me from trying much of anything outside my comfort zone. I'm often afraid to fail. But if I never try anything, that is also a form of failure, and it prevents me from learning and improving. It is essential to try things I might not be able to do, if only to see whether or not I can do them. I might surprise myself, if it turns out that I actually can do them, and if I can't do them, trying and failing lets me learn why I can't do them and how I might improve.

I need to practice the courage to step out of my comfort zone and try things that I might not be able to do. It might turn out that I actually am able to do those things, and I just don't know it yet. But the thing is, I will never know whether or not I can do something or why I can or can't do something until and unless I am brave enough to try.

So try new things. Shoot for the moon. Do something daring. You might surprise yourself. At the very least, you'll learn something, and what you learn will help you grow. So, whatever it is that you think can't do, you owe it to yourself to at least try.

No comments: