Saturday, November 9, 2019

Undeserved Service

Today, I received service I didn't deserve. Of course, I'm pretty sure that's true of every day. I don't deserve the service I receive from my Heavenly Father or my Savior or my Family. The service they do for me outweighs anything I could ever hope to deserve or repay. But that's what service is, isn't it? Doing something nice for someone, regardless of whether or not they deserve it? In fact, one might even say that no one "deserves" service because service isn't something that a person deserves, though perhaps I'm being pedantic. The bottom line for me today is that I have been the recipient of far more service than I deserve, even if it can be said that I "deserve" any service at all, and I am thankful for it. I should be more generous with my service as a way of paying forward the service that I receive but don't deserve.

No comments: