Thursday, November 7, 2019

I Put My Heart Into It

Today, I had an opportunity to practice putting my heart into something, and it kind of worked. I wasn't feeling super enthusiastic about my job at the moment, but I saw a quote about how enthusiasm can turn even mundane tasks into pleasures, so I decided to try to drum up some enthusiasm for tutoring. I reminded myself that I enjoy helping people, and that mostly did the trick. Of course, the assignment was still difficult and frustrating, the student and I were both still tired, and I may even have caught some kind of bug, but despite all of that, I managed to get (or at least sound) excited about arguing in favor of switching to veganism. I managed to "put my heart into it," even though my heart wasn't really in it, and I'm sure that doing so will get easier over time. I consciously chose to put my heart into something, and I'm pretty sure I can do it again.

No comments: