Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Entrusted

Alma 37:14 And now remember, my son, that God has entrusted you with these things, which are sacred, which he has kept sacred, and also which he will keep and preserve for a wise purpose in him, that he may show forth his power unto future generations.

In Alma 37, Alma entrusts his son Helaman with the sacred records, trusting that Helaman would preserve them and use them for good. We, too, have been entrusted with something sacred, something which we are trusted to preserve, physically and spiritually, and to use for good. In this case, I am thinking specifically of ourselves.

Our lives are gifts from God. We have been entrusted with the responsibility to come to earth, make decisions, and hopefully do some good. It is our responsibility to protect and preserve our lives, both physically and spiritually, to the extent that we can, so that we can use our bodies and our lives to do as much good as possible.

I hope that I can prove worthy of the trust Heavenly Father has given me by making good use of the life that I've been given, and my hope is the same for you.I want all of us to prove worthy of the trust God has placed in us. He entrusted us with mortal lives and bodies and the power to control what they do. Let's do some good with them.

No comments: