Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Glory in the Lord

Tonight, my family read Alma 26, which includes the following verse: 
Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. (Alma 26:16)
This is something that I would like to do. God is good and just and merciful, and even though life is rough sometimes, God can help us get through it. With God's help, we can accomplish miracles, just like Ammon and his bretheren did. I want to see such miracles happen in my own life, and when I see them, I want to praise God for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of Ammon's bretheren were tempted to pat themselves on the back for what they might have considered "their own" accomplishments, or they might have been tempted to focus on the negative aspects of their missionary experience. Yet, Ammon chose to focus on the positives, and to thank God for helping their missionary efforts go so well. I, too, want to focus on the positive aspects of life and to thank God for all His help. His help has been crucial in several important moments in my life, and I want to follow Ammon's example and praise and thank God for it.

No comments: