Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Support and Promises

Alma 30:60 And thus we see the end of him who perverteth the ways of the Lord; and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell.

D&C 82:10 I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.

We know that, when we do what the Lord says, He is bound to bless us. Yet, when we do as Satan asks, we have no such assurance. There is no guarantee that the adversary will keep any promise or grant any blessings. Following Satan's plan is a gamble of short-term gains and long-term losses. It's fun at first, but there is no long-term support.

Meanwhile, the Lord's plan is a plan for eternity. Our short-term sacrifices are more than made up for in blessings that are sure to come. While the enemy's promises are all empty promises, not worth the time or breath it takes to utter them, the Lord's promises are gospel, and you can take them to the bank. God will always keep His promises to bless His followers, even when others don't.

Of the two, I know with whom I would rather make covenants and on whose promises and support I would rather rely. The enemy may not keep his promises or support his followers, but the Lord whom I worship always does.

No comments: