Saturday, March 23, 2013

Morning at the Rosers

Playing with Cadi and Rori is so fun that I totally forgot to blog this morning, but thankfully, Mom reminded me and is letting me borrow her computer. But this still isn't my normal blogging conditions because I'm also playing Cops and Robbers with Rori. (I arrested her for robbing the Sacramento Bank, but she was an under-cover cop and she arrested me for robbing the bank. When I promised to never rob the bank again, she let me be a cop so I could help her arrest Cadi. Then I robbed the bank again and 'resisted arrest' while trying to watch this video. I think it's about a young man talking about how Family History work is like mountain climbing.

I chose this video partly because it was one of the first ones I saw, and partly because of Sariah's interest in Family History. Plus, I was curious about the analogy. If I heard correctly, the idea is that, in rock climbing, you can't help someone else climb higher until you've reached a certain point yourself. Or, you can belay for someone, but they have to make the climb for themselves. I think he also said that it's no fun making it to the top unless there are other people there with you, but I'm not sure how that works with the rock climbing analogy.

You're going to have to watch the video for yourselves. Or think of your own meaning for the analogy. Right now I'm going to go play Wii wth Rori.

No comments: