Friday, March 8, 2013

One in a Million

Yesterday morning, while biking to school, I almost bumped into a light-colored car. Might have been tan. Biking home from school, I got chased for a block or so by a sandy colored dog. Then I casually watched the news and heard about a fatal lion attack.

I'm going to go watch a video now.




This is a really cute story. But I'm not sure it's something I can blog about. I have nothing to add.

Apparently, the Friend magazine has started something called One in a Million, where kids make uplifting videos and the Mormon Channel posts them on Youtube.

Here's another really good one:




There are currently 25 of them in all. I don't know if more will be posted later. They're each about a minute and a half to two minutes long. If you have that much time to spare, you may want to check them out on the Mormon Channel. I'd watch them all myself and share my favorites, but that's about 45 minutes of videos to watch, and then I'd have to decide which ones to share and which ones to leave out. My advice: pick one or two at random and see what cool, cute, inspiring message(s) you get.


I thought I'd do a few searches and find out more about this One in a Million thing and the first thing I found was this page, which has the One in a Million theme song (which is kinda cute) and a bunch of videos (if you can get them to run smoothly on your computer). After another search or two, I quickly found out how it all got started.

Did you know there are about one million Primary children in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? To celebrate this, the Friend magazine is sponsoring a new project, “One in a Million,” to show how each child is a special son or daughter of God. http://ldsmediatalk.com/2011/02/16/one-in-a-million-children/

According to another Church News article, they'll be adding videos throughout the year. There are 25 videos currently, but who knows how many videos there will be by the time the year ends? Looks like I'm going to have videos and stories I can share for a long time to come. (Running out of church videos is something I was worried about when my only source was Mormon Messages. They don't produce those quickly enough for my taste.)

I've only seen a handful of them so far, but as far as I can tell, they're all pretty good. You can expect that I'll start using them for blog posts in the future.

No comments: