Thursday, May 7, 2020

The Walking Stick

I am often surprised how often I have opportunities to use my pocket multi-tool to help me or someone else. This afternoon, for example, I cut a fallen branch with my pocket saw until it was a good length for a walking stick. Now, I didn't need a walking stick; I was out on my bike at the time, nor did I know anyone in the area that needed a walking stick. But I saw a fallen branch that wasn't of much use, and I new that, with a few minutes worth of effort, I could turn that fallen branch into something that might be useful to somebody. So, I cut that branch down to size and I leaned it against the tree from which it had fallen. I don't know who will end up using that walking stick, if anyone, but I'm glad that I took the time to make it for them.

No comments: