Thursday, November 24, 2022

An Introvert's Thanksgiving

Today, my family had a Thanksgiving dinner, and I was a little worried about it. As an introvert, I don't deal well with there being a lot of people or noise. I was worried that I'd get overwhelmed. But thankfully, I was able to slip outside a handful of times, usually with only one or two family members at a time, where the cool air and the quieter atmosphere was much more pleasant for me, helping me recover from and brace myself for the more boisterous environment indoors.

I survived. And what's more, thanks to being able to take occasional breaks, I actually kind of enjoyed myself. I still don't want to join groups that large very often, but since I was able to slip away when I needed to, I found the whole experience quite manageable.

I'm thankful that I was able to spend time with my family today, and I'm especially thankful that, thanks to being able to take breaks when I needed them, I was able to enjoy it.

No comments: