Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Giving Myself Away

I'd rather not air my dirty laundry on my blog so often, but I have less than an hour to blog about something, and this is the only thing I can think of right now.

Don't spread yourself too thin. Don't give too much of yourself to too many people, or at the end of the day, you'll find that you have nothing left.

I help people. I help people for a living. I help people habitually. I help people because it's the right thing to do. But sometimes, I help too many people, and I run out of steam. I get overwhelmed and stressed and frustrated, and sometimes, I even get snappy.

I don't want to be like that. I don't want to get mad at the people I love. I don't want to not have enough energy left to spend time with the people I love. I don't want to end the day with so little energy left that I get upset with my own family.

So, I need to stop helping people so much. I need to save up my energy so I have some left for my family at the end of the day. I need to not spread myself too thin.

It takes energy to not be a jerk, and I don't have enough energy to not be a jerk to everyone. So, until such a day as I have infinite social energy, I need to save some of that energy for my family, which means I need to not spend all my energy helping people during the day.

There is only so much of me to go around. I need to be more careful about giving my limited time and energy away.

No comments: