Friday, November 18, 2022

Good Music

This evening, I went to an RSVP (Reconciliation Singers Voices of Peace) concert, and it was wonderful. Much of the music was peaceful and touching, and the few songs that weren't were rousing and fun. Several times, I felt the the choir sounded angelic. I highly recommend going to one of their concerts or getting one of their CDs. It is a privilege to hear them sing.

Tonight, they reminded me (in case I needed another reminder) that music itself is wonderful. Listening to music can be a spiritually uplifting experience. I should listen to such calming, peaceful music more often. There are times when I'm studying or commuting when I could also be listening to good music. I should take advantage of those opportunities more often.

Good music is good for the soul, and my soul could use more good music.

No comments: