Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Few Questions About Eternal Progression

Today, I worked a lesson on eternal progression into a Philosophy paper about the problem of evil. Many people wonder why the world is as bad as it is. My answer is "Because that's what helps us grow." We have experiences on our imperfect Earth that we could not have had in a perfect Heaven, and if those unique experiences help us develop essential traits, then maybe the imperfections were essential, too.

Still, I kind of wonder why God didn't make us perfect when He first created us. I think He could have. If these Christlike attributes we're trying to develop are so important, why didn't He create our spirits in such a way that they would already possess those traits. Again, I think the growth may be important, though I'm not quite sure why.

I still have many questions about eternal progression, such as whether or not God is still progressing, and, if so, in what ways, but very few of those questions are actually important to us in the here and now. We know that we're not perfect, and we know what we need to do to progress from here. We know enough. Our task now is to grow and progress as God intended so we can eventually learn more.

No comments: