Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Now or Later

This Sunday, I'm teaching a lesson about Jacob and Esau, and this lesson is somewhat pertinent to me personally. The attention activity and much of the lesson focus on the contrast between temporary and eternal value. I struggle with this sometimes. I frequently make choices based on what I want at the moment rather than what I'll want later. I eat unhealthily. I stay up late. I watch too many Youtube videos before blogging. Too often, I neglect things of lasting value because I'm too busy seeking things of immediate value. This is, of course, unwise, as Esau eventually learned. As I prepare this lesson, I want to learn from Esau's mistake. I want to learn to look ahead and think about the big picture before I make decisions of potentially lasting consequence. I want to develop the wisdom to choose things of eternal value over the things I want in the moment.

No comments: