Friday, February 5, 2021

A Real Life Adventure

Today did not go as planned. I had hoped to play D&D with a friend today, but he had car trouble, so instead of having a pretend adventure, we had a small, real adventure getting his car's battery removed, recharged, restored to working order, and reinstalled. And, frankly, I think we had more fun getting his car working again than we would have had playing D&D. Granted, I enjoy D&D a good deal, but I also enjoyed overcoming obstacles and gaining new experiences in real life, especially since I was able to do it with a friend. We both kept our spirits up, and we both had a pretty good time. I'm more than happy to go on pretend adventures when I can, but I also love the fact that life can be an adventure, when we choose to see it as one.

No comments: