Thursday, February 11, 2021

Pray Earlier

Just now, at 11:48 pm, I prayed for guidance to know what to blog about. However, I realized that I was only praying out of desperation, when I really should have prayed much sooner, perhaps even as early as this morning. Too often, I turn to God only in emergency situations, when I really need God's help, but I know that it would be much wiser to instead pray for guidance to preemptively avoid or at least mitigate those situations before going into them and learning how dire the need is. Had I prayed and paid attention earlier, it's entirely possible that I could have blogged about something I saw, read, or experienced today, but because I didn't pray as early as I should have and because I wasn't paying enough attention earlier today, I am left to blog about why I don't have any better insights to blog about today. This is a mistake I don't intend to repeat tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will pray earlier and pay more attention during the day.

We shouldn't pray only when we desperately need help. We should pray for and follow God's guidance in order to avoid the sorts of situations for which fools wait to pray.

No comments: