Saturday, February 13, 2021

Fight Like Heaven

Yesterday, I heard the phrase "fight like hell" more times than I wanted to. The repetition of the phrase led me to wonder what it means to fight "like hell," and what it might mean to "fight the heaven."

Hell is sneaky and brazen. Heaven is straightforward and bold.

Hell focuses on attacking people. Heaven focuses on defending and healing people.

Hell is merciless. Heaven is merciful.

Hell is motivated by anger and jealousy. Heaven is motivated by love.

Hell wants to hurt everyone. Heaven wants to help everyone.

Hell is doomed to lose. Heaven is destined to win.

If I had to chose between the two, I'd rather fight like heaven, mostly because I'd rather not fight at all. I would defend those who need defending and heal those who need healing and fight to preserve freedom and peace, if any fighting is needed at all.

There are too many people who have decided to and told others to fight "like hell." We need more people who would choose to and would encourage other to fight "like heaven."

No comments: