Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Faith Talk - Five Suggestions

No talk about President Nelson's talk would be complete without going over the five suggestions he gave us to help us increase our faith.

First, study.

Second, choose to believe in Jesus Christ.

Third, act in faith.

Fourth, partake of sacred ordinances worthily.

And fifth, ask your Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, for help.

Unfortunately, most of these suggestions weren't given much more detail than that. The first suggestion was given a few paragraphs, and the second suggestion got one full paragraph, but the other three got only a handful of additional sentences, one additional sentence, or nothing more than what I quoted above. I may have to do some interpreting. Or maybe, being pressed for time, I should be content to do little more than list them.

I want to leave my listeners with some actionable advice by the end of my talk. I want them to leave my talk knowing not only how powerful faith is but also how we can get more of it. These five suggestion are prophetically offered advice to help us develop our faith. When he said "My dear brothers and sisters, my call to you this Easter morning is to start today to increase your faith," this is what he was asking us to do. I cannot talk about President Nelson's talk and not at least list the five faith-building suggestions he gave us.

No comments: