Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Faith Talk - The Greatest Power

Faith in Jesus Christ is the greatest power available to us in this life. All things are possible to them that believe. - President Russell M. Nelson

I try to take notice when Prophets and Apostles use superlatives. We have many powers available to us in this life. The powers to speak and move, for example. The powers to create and raise children. The power to make our own decisions via our moral agency. And yet, only own power available to us in this life can be "the greatest."

This may be what I focus on in my talk. I'd like to talk about why faith is the greatest power available to us in this life, how big of a deal that is, how we can tap into that power, and perhaps how we can use this power to tap into God's power.

Faith is the tool we use to gain access to real-life divine magic, and if that's not great, I don't know what is! I love to play a paladin in role-playing games, but the power of faith isn't just a fantasy; it's real, and it's the greatest power we can obtain in this life. Through faith, we can receive revelation, resist evil, and even obtain and perform miracles. Faith is, literally, miraculously powerful.

I would love to talk about how faith is the greatest power available to us in this life, what's so great about it, and how we can avail ourselves of it.

No comments: