Sunday, April 25, 2021

Faith Talk - If Ye Are Prepared...

Despite the days I spent preparing for this talk, I didn't really feel prepared when the time came to give it. That was probably mostly because I didn't actually devote that much time to preparing my talk, nor to practicing it. I didn't have a clear idea of exactly what I was going to say, nor did I have plans for what to include or leave out, based on the amount of time I had. Because of my lack of preparation, and particularly because I didn't feel prepared, I felt nervous, and during and after my talk, I felt certain that I had done a terrible job. Thankfully, no one said anything negative about my talk, and I learned some valuable lessons from it. Next time I have an opportunity to give a talk, I'll hopefully remember to start preparing my talk sooner, to make more specific plans about what I might include or cut, and to take more time to practice giving the talk. Doing so would have made me far less nervous about giving this talk, and it would have helped me fill the time I had been given. According to the feedback I've gotten, my talk was alright, but I know that if I had prepared better, my talk could have been much better than I felt it was.

No comments: