Friday, April 2, 2021

One Bad Day

I really screwed up today, and I was about to blog about how badly I screwed up and how miserable I felt about it, but for two things. One, I don't want to rehash the events of the day again, and two, just before clicking the New Post link, I saw the title of my previous blog post, "An Infinite Amount of Joy."

Today is not worth dwelling on. Heck, today is not even worth remembering. Today was one bad day out of the past and future eternity of my existence. Heck, by some metrics, this wasn't even the worst day of my mortal life so far. Today was one bad day, but I have had and will have countless better ones.

So, I'm not going to worry about today. Not anymore. I have apologized. I will repent. And then I'll move on and forget all about today (until I'm inevitably reminded of it next year). Today was only one bad day, so I'm not going to dwell on it. I have an eternity of joy ahead of me. I'm not going to dampen it by dwelling on the misery of today.

No comments: