Thursday, November 12, 2020

Good Thoughts

Ether 4:12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me....

I find this fact reassuring. I sometimes wonder which of my thoughts and impressions are inspired and which of my thoughts and impressions are just my own thoughts and ideas, but maybe I don't need to worry about that. Maybe I don't need to know whether an idea came from God or from my own mind. If it's a good idea, then it's a good idea. Besides, if the idea is to do something that is good, then, according to Ether 4:12, the thought must have come from God, or at least from someone who's starting to take on one or two of the attributes of God.

I don't need to wonder where my thoughts and impressions come from. If they're good thoughts, or if they're impressions to do good, they're from God.

No comments: