Thursday, November 12, 2020

Grateful to Everyone

I'm not sure it's possible to feel an appropriate amount of gratitude. There's a lot of what I love about my life that I owe to people I'll never know. From the freedom and protection that I enjoy to the modern conveniences, like electricity and the internet. There are countless people who work, or who have worked, to created and maintain many of the blessings in my life. I don't know who invented the bicycle, and I don't know who manufactured my bicycle, but I feel blessed for owning it, and I'm grateful to those who made that possible. Similarly, I don't know everyone who fought, or who are fighting, to secure and defend my freedom, but I'm grateful to them. I owe debts of gratitude to an unknowable number of people. No amount of gratitude could be enough.

No comments: