Friday, November 13, 2020

Talking and Listening

This afternoon, for a few moments, I managed to have a conversation with God. This wasn't a situation where I said a prayer and then got a response, and that was it. This was a full, back-and-forth conversation. When it happened, I noted that it had been a while since the last time it happened, and I realized that, up until that moment, there had been a lot of noise in my life. Physical sounds can be distracting, as can mental and emotional noise. I find that I hear God best when I'm somewhere quiet and relatively at peace. I should try to cultivate those moments more frequently so I can connect with God more often. I don't want to feel like I'm talking into a void, and I don't want His messages to me to fall on deaf ears. I want to have more moments like this afternoon, where I can both talk and listen to God.

No comments: