Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Lights Through the Darkness

Riding a bike at night can be scary. When you're virtually invisible to motorists, and you can't see the obstacles around you and in front of you, biking at night can be vary dangerous. But that wasn't my experience tonight. I had powerful lights to see and to be seen with, and I had a reflector vest and other reflectors to make myself and the road in front of me as visible as possible. It was actually a lot of fun.

Life can be like that, sometimes. It's dark and dangerous and scary. But if our lights are strong enough, or rather, if we carry strong lights with us, we can be safe. Heaven's light can illuminate enough of our path to let us navigate safely, and is we have enough light around us, we can be fairly protected from the dangers around us.

Granted, we won't be able to see everything, and we won't be completely impervious to the world around us, but having enough light with us can help see us through any darkness, even if we don't make it through unscathed. I was fortunate enough to make it through my bike ride unscathed, and that was on'y possible because I had strong lights with me.

No comments: