Thursday, November 19, 2020

Infinite Knowledge and Love

I am slowly coming to realize that this month is about two-thirds over, and I haven't blogged about this month's Conference talks yet. I should get on that, but right now, I'm just way too tired to do that. In the meantime, I just want to share a note I took during Gerrit W. Gong's talk: "Sometimes, in our darkest moments, we learn that God knows and loves us better than we know and love ourselves."

I don't know if he said that, or if I inferred it from stuff he said, or if I just made it up, and I'm too tired to look it up right now, but I think it's true. He has a more full perspective than we do, and He has more love than we do. I fully believe that God knows and loves everyone more than they know and/or love themselves. No one has more knowledge or love than God does.

In a way, that's kind of comforting. I'm glad that God knows us better than anyone, and loves us better than anyone anyway. It's good to know that someone can have a perfect knowledge of us and still have an infinite amount of love for us. I'm thankful for that. 

No comments: