Friday, August 5, 2022

Love is the Answer

I just heard a song by Jack Johnson titled Better Together, and some of the lyrics include a somewhat profound thought:

        Love is the answer, at least to most of the questions in my heart,

        Like why are we here, and where do we go, and how come it's so hard?

Of course, there are many other questions that Love is the answer to, like what should we do, and what should we seek, what is most important? But there are other questions that are a little harder to answer.

I have a lot of questions, and I'd love for God to answer a few of them, but maybe the only answer I really need is Love. We are here to feel and express love for the people around us. When we die, we go to spend eternity with those we love. And in the meantime, life is hard because... well, okay, that one doesn't make as much sense to me. But still, knowing that God loves me makes the hardness of life a little bit more tolerable.

I'm grateful for the love that I have in my life and for the people who feel and express love for me, and I hope I express my love for them just as much. I don't have all the answers I want, but I have love, and that'll do for now.

No comments: