Monday, August 1, 2022

"Then Make One"

I recently saw a social media post comparing life to the greatest role-playing game, since we basically play whatever role we make for ourselves. In reply, someone said that they wanted a new character, and in response to that desire for a new character, someone else said "Then make one."

In the end, we can make ourselves, our "characters," more or less whatever we want them to be. Granted, there are things we can't change about ourselves or our circumstances, but we can change what kinds of people we are. If we're not satisfied with ourselves, we can change. In fact, we were meant to.

God does not intend for us to remain the way He made us. He intends for us to grow and become wiser and stronger as we gain experience. He expects us to "build character," and He gives us a great deal of freedom in which traits and attributes we focus on improving.

There are aspects I don't like about the character I have now. Fortunately, I know that I can build on that character and gradually change myself for the better. If I want a different character than the one I have now, and I really think I do, then I can make one.

No comments: