Friday, August 19, 2022

Restoring Relationships

I've been playing a game that is all about restoring relationships. The main character proves that he will stop at nothing to be reunited with his birth mother, even if he has to defy his birth father, with whom he lives, to do so. Then, once he has reconnected with his birth mother, he works toward mending the rift between the two sides of his family, even managing to repair the bond between himself and his father. Along the way, he helps many other people with their relationships, reuniting two sets of separated lovers, helping his adoptive mother reunite with her parent, and even developing a relationship with someone close to him. It's been a wonderfully wholesome experience, playing the role of someone who is repairing so many relationship and bringing love back into the lives of so many people.

I'm grateful that my family isn't as broken as theirs is, but if a rift ever does form in my family, I hope that I will prove just as tenacious in doing what I can to restore as many familial bonds as I can. There was a time when my family's relationship was strained, and I wasn't there to help fix it, but I hope I'll be one of the people trying to help fix the situation next time.

It's important for people to form, strengthen, and repair their loving relationships. I hope that we will all be the kinds of people who try to strengthen the bonds of love between as many people as possible, rather than trying to break them. Love is a wonderful thing. I hope that we will all try to form and strengthen the bonds of love, and, when necessary, to restore them.

No comments: