Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Curveballs

Life throws us curveballs sometimes. Sometimes things happen that we don't expect. And something I find interesting is that we can learn a lot about ourselves by the way we react to those curveballs. For example, a while back, my brother found a rather nasty and urgent mess to clean up, and I rather quickly got to work in helping him clean up the mess and determine the scope thereof. It was challenging to clean up a mess of that size and type, and there were times when I grew impatient, but we ultimately got through it together, just in time for the next curveball. Through this experience, I learned that I can work efficiently and even take the lead when I have to, and that I could stand to become more patient, particularly with those who have high standards and/or are bearers of bad news.

Life has thrown me and the people around me another set of curveballs recently, and I'm interested to see what I can learn about myself as we try to deal with them. All of life's experiences can be learning experiences, but I think that's especially true of curveballs.

No comments: