Friday, September 9, 2022

Human Limitations

It's unfortunate that we cannot be everywhere at once, that we have limited time and energy, and that we cannot always do what we would like to do. It's unfortunate that our mortal limitations can be so restrictive and debilitating. I wish I could be with everyone I want to be with. I wish I had the ability and energy to help everyone I want to help. Unfortunately, though, I have to live within my human limitations.

Most of us would like to do more than we are currently capable of doing. We'd like to accomplish more, spend more time with our families, and do more good in the world. These are noble pursuits. Yet, we are each capable of only so much. We all have limitations that we have to learn to work within, as frustrating as they may sometimes be.

Fortunately, God knows our limitations, and He doesn't require of us anything more than what we are capable of. So, if you can't do something, don't worry; you don't have to. God always wants us to do what we can, but He never demands that we try to do more than that.

So, yes, it can be frustrating to have to live within our human limitations, but it's also comforting that we, in following God's plan for us, will never have to try to exceed those limitations. Sure, it'd be nice to be able to do more, to be in more places at once, to have more time and energy to spend on the people we care about, but I'm afraid that that's just not realistic right now. We can each only ever do what we can, but through the grace and planning of God, He has made sure that it'll be good enough.

No comments: