Saturday, September 24, 2022

"Good Enough"

Sometimes, things are, or have to be, "good enough." When we have a paper due, we'll try to make it as good as we can, but when it's due, we have to submit it, whatever condition it's in. I feel similarly with my blog posts. I can try to do as well as I can, but at a certain point, I have to decide that it's "good enough."

I think I worry too much about perfectionism. When I make a mistake, or when I do something less well than I think I theoretically could have, I tend to worry about it more than is actually helpful. Sometimes, I just need to relax, remember that it's okay to not be perfect, and remind myself that I am good enough.

Nobody's perfect. And of course, we all can and should try to do better. But we should also try not to burn ourselves out. Trying too hard to be perfect just adds unnecessary stress to our lives. Most often, it's better to just try to do well, don't worry that it's not perfect, and be satisfied that it was "good enough."

No comments: