Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Chain of Faith and Love

Elder Claudio R.M. Costa opened his Sunday Morning talk by expressing both his love for the stories of Jesus and his gratitude for parents who taught him those stories. Now, he has children of his own, whom he taught the stories of Jesus, and who now teach those stories to their children, in a beautiful chain of faith and love. He said:
I am grateful to my parents for having taught me about Christ. I continue to see how the Savior’s example helps my dear wife and me as we teach our own children.

My heart is filled with joy when I see my children tell stories of Christ to my grandchildren. It reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures, found in 3 John chapter 1, verse 4, which reads, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.” And why not our grandchildren as well?
I, too, am grateful that my parents taught me the gospel. I know I wouldn't be half the man I am today without it. And I look forward to teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to my future children. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings peace and joy into people's lives. Knowing that the gospel is bringing joy and peace into the lives of those we love, and through them, into the lives of others, can fill us with even greater joy.

I'm sure that Our Father rejoices when He sees the gospel at work in our lives, and that He rejoices even more when He sees us share that precious gift with the rest of our human family. May we all strive to share the joy of the gospel with others, that we may be part of an unbroken chain that touches every human heart with the joy and peace of the gospel.

No comments: